BATSCHKA

The Batschka, also called Batschau in original documents, belonged to Austro-Hungary until 1918 and is today the Vojodina province in northeastern Serbia.
In the map illustrated here besides the larger villages and cities are the following 9 Protestant settlement villages under Emperor Franz Josef II in alphabetical order with the year settled recorded:
Bulkes 1786, Jarek 1787, Kischker 1786, Neuwerbaß 1785, Schowe 1786, Sekitsch 1786, Siwatz 1786, Tscherwenka 1785, and Torschau 1784.Source: Georg Wild "DIE DEUTSCHE EVANGELISCHE KIRCHE IN JUGOSLAWIEN 1918-1941" (The German Evangelical Church in Yugoslavia 1918-1941).
(Heinrich Stephan, Translation: Bradley Schwebler)



Yugoslavia 1935
The German settlement regions are marked in black on the overview map. Of the 695,000 Germans in the kingdom of Yugoslavia
99,689 were German Evangelicals. Of the 450,000 Germans in the Vojvodina province 59,342 were Evangelicals. Source: s. Batschka